High Point Amtrak Station
This historic train depot in High Point, North Carolina was built in 1907 by the Southern Railway Company and featured an original Ludowici roof. By the late 1990s, the building which had been converted to house a restaurant, was in disrepair and needed extensive renovation. A restoration project kicked off in 2000, restoring the station to a working train station, including a new Ludowici roof. Ludowici manufactured historically accurate field tile and accessories for the project using the original 1907 blueprints as a guide.